понедельник, 4 февраля 2008 г.

ABORIGINAL ART IN INTERIORS

ABORIGINAL ART IN INTERIORS

I often get questions about the art that I have in my home (you can see some images here). All the paintings are aboriginal art that I have collected over the years. I have spent some time in Australia (and travelled through the entire country) and here is where my love for aboriginal art started. I love the use of colors and symbols and that (a large proportion of) contemporary Aboriginal art is based on important ancient stories and symbols centred on ‘the Dreamtime’ – the period in which Indigenous people believe the world was created. The Dreamtime stories are up to and possibly even exceeding 50,000 years old, and have been handed down through the generations for all those years.



Finding art for a home can be a challenge and it can take a long time before finding the right piece(s) but when I am asked for advice I often tell people to look into aboriginal art as most paintings fit into various interior styles (from eclectic boho chic to modern interiors). In the images above and below aboriginal paintings are shown in different spaces such as a bedroom, living room, kitchen and even in a bathroom. If you are interested in acquiring a piece of aboriginal art, I am selling part of my collection as I do not have enough space for the pieces I have. Next week I will dedicate a blog about the paintings I have available.













sunbleached rug | wall shelves | totem candle holder | tufted lumbar pillow.







Original article and pictures take style-files.com site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий