четверг, 24 августа 2017 г.

Why I wish I didn’t DIY my Headboard

Why I wish I didn’t DIY my Headboard
I wish I didn't DIY my headboard

Oh Hi there! I am so glad you’re here! Please take a quick moment and follow me on Instagram. Thanks, Enjoy!


why-i-wish-i-didn't-diy-my-headboard

Ah, the joy of DIY’s, am I right? For me, I DIY all the time (hello, I write this blog!), everything from paint dipped utensils to home décor. I was on the search for a headboard, and figured I should DIY my Headboard instead! I rarely have a DIY go bad – but this time, it was unavoidable.


I saw several pins on Pinterest for a $40 DIY Tuffed Headboard instead of West Elm’s very expensive (yet stylish) headboard. I searched so many stores to find even a $100-$150 headboard, and I couldn’t find one I liked. So, I decided to tackle the project head on.


After three failed attempts, you may have seen this tweet:


I was going to blog about this #diyheadboard, but I would hate to encourage anyone to make their own. #stress

— Heather Dean (@deanslist_blog) August 22, 2015


Things were not going well.


read-this-before-you-make-your-own-headboard

Over a span of a few frustrating days, we visited Lowes 2 times, another hardware store 4 times, my parent’s house 1 time, my parents visited our house 1 time, Hobby Lobby, then Michaels, and again Hobby Lobby. [Also, I’m not done… so Hobby Lobby, here I come for tufting supplies!]


Here are the things I wish I would have known before I made this headboard:


  1. Get an easy grip stapler. My hands were so tired from stapling the batting and fabric, It’s likely that I have carpel tunnel now.
  2. Plan better. Yeah, this one is probably my fault, but in my defense, I watched this video, and followed these tutorials. If I were to plan better, I would have bought a couple different sizes of hardware, and would have bought all my tufting supplies ahead of time.
  3. Use way better spray adhesive. Honestly, the only spray adhesive I recommend right now is Liquid Fusion Industiral Strength Spray Adhesive. If you’re planning to make your own headboard, I promise you that you won’t regret spending the money on this!

Make Your Own DIY Headboard


(without the headache)


-MDF board (cut down to size at Lowes)

-Spray Adhesive

-Memory Foam

-Batting (Several tutorials said this was optional. This is not optional if you want your headboard to look nice).

-Staples

-Easy Grip Stapler

-Long Embroidery Needle

-Embroidery Thread

-Button Cover Kit

-Fabric


Kenarry: Ideas for the Home

Original article and pictures take i2.wp.com site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий