понедельник, 7 марта 2016 г.

Stacked Trays

Stacked Trays

I think I have a thing for gluing stuff together to make new stuff. I found a set of trays at Goodwill,hated the design but for 5.00 bucks for three nice trays I thought I could do something with them.



Here are the trays in their original strange splendor.




I washed the trays first and then primed them with three coats of primer. It was really hard to cover that lovely aquatic scene (snigger). After priming I had to paint on five, count em... I said five coats of paint. That fish wasn't going out without a fight. I also had three wooden candlesticks and a wooden ball, sooo I proceeded to glue the candle sticks to the tray bottoms and glued them one to the other. I used the smaller candlestick on the top tray and then glued the ball on top of the candlestick to make a finial. Here's how it looks all glued together




I envisioned it filled with all kinds of goodies for the holidays. Since fall is upon us I decided to decorate it for the season. In retrospect it probably would have been a good idea to add a nail to each candlestick for stability. It's pretty sturdy, but I wont be adding anything heavy to it. Sorry I forgot to take a picture of the candlesticks, but they are those basic unfinished sticks that they sell at the craft store.A few more looks at the vignette.





Thanks for stopping by, I'll be joining these parties this week.


Debbiedoos


The Lettered Cottage


Savvy Southern Style


Stone Gable


My Romantic Home


Original article and pictures take shabbysweetcottage.blogspot.com site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий