четверг, 21 января 2016 г.

Sitting Room Bookshelf

Sitting Room Bookshelf
Fishtail Cottage

I had so much fun painting the kitchen hutch and the shutters a few weeks ago, that I really looked forward to another another Chalk Paint® decorative paint by Annie Sloan project!" Now that I am working on the Master Bedroom Sitting Room, it was decided that another piece of furniture could use a makeover! The Bookshelf that has been in the sitting room area has really been a clutter of collector. Giving this piece a makeover and making it more of a centerpiece of the Master Bedroom décor might just help with a more manageable and organized focal point.


Here is the bookshelf at the beginning of this process!


IMG_1226
I decided to use this color

flower

mixing tool and thought it would be fun to customize my piece to something I could only visualize in this photo of the flowers ~

color
After playing with the mixing tool, the color I chose to customize my paint color was this – It was a combination of White, Henrietta and Paris Grey,
all Chalk Paint® colors!


IMG_1227

Pretty, right? I anxiously awaited the arrival of my paint. Of course when it arrived, I cancelled my plans to see my new shelf progress the next day. Mixing the colors to the pretty combination in a separate container and began to paint the bookshelf.


IMG_1232

Again, like the experience I had last time, my piece needed two coats – here is the what the first coat looked like.


And afterwards – here it is! As much as I LOVED the way it turned out…and seeing it in the Master Bedroom Sitting Nook ~ the different lighting that came and went throughout the day while the paint dried this piece became quite ‘loud’ in the room. The yellow hue in the walls and the vintage book paper wall in the room clashed with the new color of the bookshelf. I had knots in my tummy while I fell asleep that night.


IMG_1233

When I woke up the next morning, I realized ~ the great thing about paint is you can always paint over it! So that is what I did! Using “Old White” I repainted this bookshelf with two coats (this photo was taken after the application of the first coat)! It turned out much more neutral for the room and I was pleased with the results!


IMG_1274

IMG_1317

Once the second coat dried completely, I used Soft Wax “Clear”.

Making sure to get all the crannies of the bookshelf piece and then wiping it down with a cloth.

I am writing this post while I await the wax to cure so that I can decorate the shelf with pieces that suit the space.


IMG_1324

I still need to find the right knobs to add to the bottom drawer! What do you think? Are you as excited as I am to see how everything looks once it’s put together?


IMG_1327
To see where else I am linking to this week – please check my “

Cottage Links” label…xoxo, tracie


Original article and pictures take fishtailcottage.blogspot.com site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий