четверг, 24 сентября 2009 г.

DIY Christmas tree topiary – simple and low cost

DIY Christmas tree topiary – simple and low cost

I know, I know, I am being one of “those” people that is posting Christmas ideas before Thanksgiving! I am right there with you on the craziness of rushing the holidays. For reference, my home is still fall-ified, I am waiting a little bit longer before I turn it into a winter wonderland. But, this blog is for me to share my home, but also share some ideas for others to decorate their home. I need to get out the ideas early enough for others to see and create. So, see…. there is a method to my madness. Today I am sharing DIY Christmas tree topiary – simple and low cost, which is perfect for the season.


Creating the perfect DIY Christmas tree with a tomato cage!

We all need to watch our spending this time of year, those presents won;t buy themselves. But, having a beautifully decorated home to deck the halls is a big priority too. This project is sooo low cost and only takes about 5 minutes to create!


simple holiday craft

Supplies need for this project
One (or two) tomato plant cages

four 6ft long green garland if making two trees


ornaments


bucket or container


I actually was able to get the two tomato cages on discount because it is the off season. Yay for clearance!


DIY Christmas tree craft using tomato cage

I did not connect any of the garland to the cage, just wrapping a branch here or there around the wires of the tomato cage. Starting from the bottom and working my way up. The garland I got I had to pull the individual branches our, having them become bulkier as I pulled them apart. Which worked out great because it filed in any holes of the wrapping.


I ended up using two 6 ft garlands for one tomato cage. I warned you this was a 5 minute craft, don’t believe me? Set a timer, in fact I might have exaggerated, this would take less than 5 minutes.


Christmas craft upcycle
I got some sparkly pine cone ornaments from a craft store and set them on the newly created

Christmas tree.


DIY Christmas tree topiary using simple items

These DIY Christmas tree topiary – simple and low cost are done! I created them last year and had them for my Christmas decor. I had so many projects last year that I never got around to sharing them here.


topiary in bucket for a rustic Christmas decor

I will be pulling these beauties out again when I start decorating my home this year for Christmas! They are still in great shape. I did put a large brick in the bottom of the metal container before putting the tree frame inside, just so that the wind could not knock them over. I had no issues with it ever blowing over.


DIY Christmas tree or topiary for outdoor decor

simple and low cost DIY Christmas tree idea

I was working a ton this past weekend on Christmas crafts, I always like to add a few to my decor each year. As I gain confidence in my decorating skills and my crafting skills my style has transitions. I am willing to try new things, which means some of the older items do not work anymore. Which means I need to make even more decor items! I love these DIY Christmas tree topiary – simple and low cost they are honestly so quick to create. Don’t even get me started on how expensive store bought topiary’s this size would be, probably close to $100 a piece! Total I spent $30! Yep, this is a much better option. I am currently making my Christmas present list out, which is wayyyyy different from when I was a kid. Back then I wrote down what I wanted. Now I make a list on what I will be getting other people. Then I have to go shop for it and spend my money on it. Very different from the childhood Christmas list. With my home decorating obsession still strong, I try to cut corners when I can on costs. Diminish the guilt of me decorating for every season. I mix store bought with DIY and end up with a winter wonderland of a home that is ready for Santa and all of the magic of the season!


Have you started shopping for Christmas yet?



shop-this-post

Original article and pictures take ourhousenowahome.com site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий