вторник, 28 апреля 2009 г.

Daisy's Crate Bed

Daisy's Crate Bed

This is Daisy...



And, she likes to sleep here...



So, I decided to build her a bed out of the scrap 1x4's I had left over from furniture projects. I wanted the bed to look like an old, weathered crate so I didn't put alot of effort into constructing it...i.e. square corners, etc. Once I got it together, I added the small castor wheels to the bottom. I then applied my vinegar and steel wool mixture to weather the wood.





I liked it, however, it was to "red" in color for what I wanted, so I gave it a light sanding and applied dark walnut danish oil to the surface by rubbing it in with a soft cloth. That helped take the red out of the wood, but it still needed more. So, I started dry brushing green paint and then white paint on the surface. When I was happy with the color I applied another coat of danish oil to age the paint color. Finally, I applied Daisy's name to the front using the freezer paper transfer method.



As well, added the "No.1" to each side of the crate, again using the freezer paper transfer method.




I made a cushion and cover (that is removable and can be thrown into the wash) out of an old feather pillow which fit into the crate perfectly. Daisy now has her own bed, but it looks as though she is hoping to head back to the couch!



Thank you for stopping by...

Lesa


Original article and pictures take home-frosting.blogspot.com site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий